Temple Grove Seminary, Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Photographic Views and Brief Statements
(Americana - 19th Century - Woman's Education - Temple Grove Seminary - Saratoga Springs)

Saratoga Springs, New York: Temple Grove Seminary, 1893. F 31 pages; black and white illustrations throughout of the campus at the time: front, circular street, grove views, principal's rooms, library interior, private & main drawing rooms, student's rooms, music room, gymnasium, main studio, tennis court, chemical laboratory, dining room. Text accompanies the illustrations, giving an overview of the school's amenities, activities, the expected expenses for incoming students, alumnae information, attendance figures & plan of education. A promotional pamphlet for this college-level woman's educational institution. Temple Grove was originally private and then public under the State of NY; founded by Charles F. Dowd (1825 - 1904), co-principal of the school with his wife Harriet M. Dowd. Through several changes in the early 20th century, it became the private Skidmore College. Approx. 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" size; light beige paper binding, side-sewn with silk ribbon, gilt cover titles. Some edge, tips wear to the binding, paper chipped at spine; contents clean and in very good condition. Very Good Paperback (Item ID: 26231)

$65.00

Topic Notification


Site by Bibliopolis