Town Records of Town of Smithtown Long Island, N.Y. With Other Documents of Historic Value Transcribed from the Original in the Town Clerk's Office By Harry D. Sleight with Notes and Addendum
Sleight, Harry D.

Smithtown Long Island New York: By Authority of the Town of Smithtown, 1929. F 502 + xv pages; useful index at back. Previous ownership inscription on front endpaper, "Presented to Supervisor Edward H.L. Smith July 25th 1929 by the Town Board of Smithtown" with the town's blindstamp seal below on the page as well. The text records the history of the town via documentation, including the auction of Gen. Satterly's house; bonds for war & railroad; the boundaries of the area including Lake Ronkonkoma, Winnecomac Patent; burial grounds; census information, cemeteries, Kings County farm, various landings, localities including Ashford (Setauket), Slongo, Centereach, New Village, Sherrawog; information regarding maps; old time schools, nuisances including tramps; parks & beach resorts, gunning rights, records and much more on the Town's business and history. Approx. 6 1/4" x 9" size; flexible black faux-leather binding; gilt spine lettering. Some edge, tips wear, rubbing to the binding; contents clean and in very good condition; an interesting Long Island genealogy, development, political & community studies record. Very Good (Item ID: 26220)


Topic Notification

Site by Bibliopolis