Historical and Descriptive Account of the Palace and Chapel - Royal of Holyroodhouse
(Scotland - Architecture - Holyroodhouse - Engravings)

Edinburgh Scotland: J. Cunningham & J.& J. Johnstone, 1826. F 21 pages; with 8 engravings, collated complete; including: the frontispiece dedication with the arms of Alexander, Duke of Hamilton, the Heritable Keeper of the Palace of Holyroodhouse; title page with the Ancient Horologe in the Royal Garden; the Palace, west front; from the Royal Garden; the east front; the interior of the quadrangle; the state room; the chapel - royal west front; the interior looking east; at back is letterpress descriptive text to accompany the plates as well as material on the history of the palace and chapel - royal; the paper large-margined; approx. 8 3/4" x 11 1/4" size; bound in the original illustrated and printed beige paper-covered boards; old tissue-guards still present; spine paper chipped away at top and bottom, edges of spine frayed; binding soiled and worn, plates foxed in the outer margins, with no or light intrusion into the plate areas; one plate page with long (3") marginal tear, not into the plate mark or image; a text page with brown spot, about 1 1/2"; overall and offset; in generally good condition and of interest for the architectural history of this famous royal landmark outside of Edinburgh, still maintained as the official residence of the British monarch in Scotland. Good Hardcover (Item ID: 22977)

$650.00

Topic Notification


Site by Bibliopolis